Driver / Support Staff
Music City Tents is the leading event rental business in the Southeast. Our business has more than tripled in the last 18 months and were looking for motivated drivers and support staff for our Nashville and other southeastern markets. If you’re looking for a career with a great company, we’d like to talk to you.
We offer a supportive, congenial work environment and we’ve received numerous awards for company culture and customer service including: “Best Places to Work” and “Best in Business”. We are one of the fastest growing companies in the US and have been listed on Inc. Magazine’s Inc. 500/500 list six times. Serving the Southeastern United States from six locations: Nashville, Atlanta, Birmingham, Charleston, Savannah and Myrtle Beach.
Position Tasks & Activities:
- Load and unload equipment.
- Prep equipment, if necessary, prior to loading.
- Deliver and pick up equipment.
- Maintain accurate delivery and pickup records.
- Open and close the rental yard per company procedure.
- Secure customer signature on contract, if not already signed.
- Inform supervisor of difficulties with deliveries or pickups.
- Place delivery and in-store returned equipment in appropriate area for inspection.
- Know specifics and applications of rental inventory, so you can answer questions upon delivery.
- Maintain and comply with company procedures and policies.
- While driving company vehicle:
- Serve as store representative.
- Carry driver’s license at ALL times.
- Observe all laws.
- Complete safety inspection/safety check daily on vehicles (fuel, lights, brakes, etc.)
- Keep vehicles clean (interior and exterior).
- Notify warehouse manager/manager of any scrapes, dents or accidents.
- Notify warehouse manager/manager of any mechanical difficulties.
- Recommend equipment and related items to customers.
- Double check delivered items to make sure customers receive exactly what they ordered.
- Notify dispatcher or store if behind schedule, so customers may be contacted.
- When delivering COD orders, write check number, amount of check and initials on contract.
- Instruct customers on equipment operation.
- Start equipment for customers.
- If equipment is missing or broken upon pick up fill out the appropriate forms and get customer’s signature. Turn in these forms to supervisor, along with pick up sheets. Tag and move broken equipment to repair area.
- Complete a damaged and missing equipment report.
- Deliver pick up ticket copies to warehouse manager or dispatcher so counts can be verified prior to unloading.
- At the end of the day check gas, oil and other fluid levels in every truck. Top off and record fluid levels as necessary.
- Perform a safety inspection/safety check on vehicles used each day.
- Report safety violations to supervisor.
- Complete the necessary paperwork for vehicle inspections and turn in to supervisor daily.
- Take keys out of trucks daily.
- Fill in for other positions, when necessary, for smooth operation of the business.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
- Comply with government safety requirements and other regulations and security in store.
- Attend department, store and safety meetings.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Nature of the Work:
Will load and unload vehicles/trucks and deliver equipment in full or partial loads working with dispatcher/delivery coordinator and delivery assistant. Must service customers in a polite, friendly and professional manner. May be required to assist customers with reservations, contracts, questions, register transactions and order adjustments if necessary.
May be exposed to the weather in the area. Some work areas in the warehouse may not be heated or air conditioned. May have exposure to chemicals, including but not limited to gasoline, diesel fuel, propane, kerosene and cleaning solvents. Some electrical equipment is delivered, although it is not a requirement to install or service the equipment. If lighting is required (the installation of extension cords and lamps) the drivers are provided with Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFI) breakers. Stooping, crouching, bending, lifting, lowering, reaching, twisting, pulling, pushing, carting and carrying are intermittent tasks that routinely occur.
Education, Skills & Requirements:
- Must be able to lift approximately 70 lbs.
- Must maintain a professional personal appearance.
- Must possess customer relation skills.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must be familiar with local roads.
- Must be able to use mathematics to solve problems.
- Computer knowledge is preferred. If required, training on rental software will be provided.
- Must be able to speak English and write legibly. The ability to speak other languages is a plus.
- Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
- Must have a full range of motion and dexterity.
- Must be able understand instructions.
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of patience.
Reports to: Operations Manager
Send resume to: email@example.com